Nyx VS Makeup Revolution: Highlight & Contour palettes


I love using my Nyx contour & highlight palette! It is my go-to, and I think it's fantastic that it is so affordable. So, when I was browsing the Makeup Revolution site I came across what seemed to be a dupe for the palette. It was even cheaper so I decided to pick it up to test and compare it - and today I'm doing exactly that! Take a look below to see comparison swatches, the first impressions video of me applying them to the face, and my conclusion at the end!

The Palettes


Nyx above, Makeup Revolution below

 Makeup Revolution on the left, Nyx on the right

Swatches


Side by side swatches - Nyx on the left, Makeup Revolution on the right










First Impressions Application



Products I'm wearing in the video:


Estee Lauder: Double Wear Maximum Cover foundation in Creamy Vanilla
Nyx: Dark Circle Concealer Corrector in Medium
Collection: Lasting Perfection Concealer in 02
Ben Nye: Bella 002 pressed powder
Nyx: Tame & Frame brow pomade in Espresso
Nyx: Lip Suede lip cream in Oh, Put It On
Amor Us: 118 Lashes
Nyx: Highlight & Contour Pro palette on the eyes
Makeup revolution: Iconic Lights & Contour Pro palette on the eyes

New Lighting

I'm using new lighting in this video! It was my first time using it so I'll be tweaking it here and there but I'm so happy with it so far!
I have my camera and mic set up in the middle of a ring light, with two led panels on the sides.

Conclusion


Nyx: Highlight & Contour Pro Palette

Pros:
Shimmer highlights less bitty and more glowy
Matte highlights more smooth, and glide over other products
Removable pans to refill or change shades (€4.50 each)
Seemingly more long lasting

Cons:
More expensive of the two at €25.25 (but still very affordable!)
Larger in size for travelling/storage

Overall:
My preferred palette, of the two. For those interested in the quality difference, I would recommend this one.


Makeup revolution: Iconic Lights & Contour Pro palette 

Pros:
Cheaper of the two at €11.21 (exc. shipping)
Smaller in size for travelling/storage
Contour shades have nice quality and blend-ability

Cons:
Shimmer highlights more bitty.
Matte highlights less smooth, and affect products underneath.
Pans are non-changeable
Seemingly not as long lasting

Overall:
It is not a dupe but it would be a nice alternative for someone who is:
  • On a budget
  • Starting to experiment with contour & highlighting
  • More interested in the contouring shades
  • Or looking for contour & highlight palette for travelling/"on-the-go".

Comments

  1. Locate the best reasonable Dubai moving organizations for your neighborhood or significant distance move. Settle on a shrewd choice dependent on audits and appraisals
    Villa Movers in Dubai
    https://araimi.ae/villa-movers-in-dubai/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for introducing your special bridal makeup services, fully professional services tips such a great experience in this field.

    Bridal Makeup Salon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your Blog With Us. Also Visit our site Face and Body Laser is the best skin care clinic in Honolulu,Hawaii. If you’re tired of shaving, waxing, tweezing, to remove unwanted hair, or suffer from razor burn and irritated bumps, it’s time to switch over to laser hair removal.
    laser hair removal hawaii
    laser hair removal oahu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice blog. I just finished a 4 day training in Permanent Makeup Course in Vizag and I must say that Vjs Vocational Courses is the best place for people who want to become beauticians.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Shellfish Company Limited exports Irish oysters, Irish mussels, periwinkles, cockles and manila clams. Call us for the best shellfish Ireland produces.

    Periwinkles

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts