Blown Out Warm Smokey feat. Morphe 35o Palette


So I wanted to do another look using the Morphe 35o Palette. I decided to do a more smokey and blown out look than the last one. I also did a full face look for the video. Below you can find the video tutorial, as well step by step instructions with a full product and brush list. So hopefully it will be easy to follow along to, if you want to recreate this at home!


The Video


Step By Step Instructions

  • These are instructions on exactly how I created this particular look, and with these particular products. You can of course substitute your own similar shade and adjust it where you like.
  • One or two of these steps are in a slightly different place to the video, as I wanted to put them in a better order here (e.g. I forgot blush until last in the tutorial, but I would normally apply it after bronzer).
  • Also, to reference the shades in the palette I use a little code because they don't have names: C=column R=row, e.g. C4R3

1. Using a fluffy blending brush, take C1R1 (matte cream) from the Morphe palette. Buff all over the eye area as a base. (I used a brush from Crown with no number. I can't seem to find it on their website so I guess they don't make it, but it's a rounded top blending brush similar to a Mac 224)
2. Take C5R2 (matte peach) as a transition colour. Blend from the crease upwards, and also underneath the eye. Don't forget to connect at the outer corner to create a rounded shape.
3. Deepen with C7R4 (matte orange-brown), but don't blend out as far as the peach.
4. Add more depth with C4R3 (darker warm brown shade). Start on the outer corner and blend inwards. Add some shading underneath, but again don't blend down as far as other 2 shades.
5. Shade the outer corner using C3R5 (dark cooler brown) Blend onto the corner of the eyelid, and blend into the crease from the outside.
6. Switch to a flat shader brush (Again, I used a no-name brush but any flat brush with real hair will do). Add some highlight with C2R1 (shimmer cream shade) to the inner corners and under the brow.
7. For a pop of shimmer take C7R5 (shimmer copper shade). Apply this to the eyelid. At the point where it meets the dark brown, fade it out. You can go back in with a little of the brown shade on your blending brush to blur the point where they meet.
8. Apply Urban Decay's 'Sabbath' 24/7 pencil (navy) to the waterline
9. Smudge Urban Decay's 'Perversion' 24/7 pencil (black) into the top lashline for some depth
10. Take Urban Decay's 'Crave' eyeshadow (matte black) on an angled brush. Apply along top lashline. Apply along lower lashline about 3/4 of the way in.
11. Finish the eyes with no.14 lashes from Inglot
12. Prime using Bourjois' Bronzing Primer. Buff in using Real Technniques Expert Face Brush
13. Apply foundation with same brush. I mixed Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo foundation (M52), with the Maybelline Fit me foundation (220)
14. Use a concealer in a lighter shade to highlight under the eyes and the centre of the face. I used Urban Decay's Naked concealer in 'Light Warm'. Blended out with same brush.
15. Go back in with one of your transition shades on your blending brush under the eye, to make sure the blend out is not changed by the concealer.
16. Set the face with Rimmel's Stay Matte 'Translucent' powder. I used a Morphe E3 brush.
17. Apply brows. I use Inglot's gel eyeliner in 90 on an Inglot 31T brush. I outline my brows first and the fill in, starting from the back of the brow and fading out the front.
18. Curl lashes and apply mascara. I used the Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express mascara.
19. Add a warm bronzer and highlight using the Tan Organic Bronzing Powder (Morphe E3 brush)
20. Apply Flormar's 'Pink Bronze' blush to the apples of the cheeks with the same brush.
21. Finish the look with a warm peachy lipgloss. I used the PS Liquid Lipstick (it's actually a gloss) from Primark in shade '15 Nude'

The Look






I hope you like this look, and I hope the instructions were helpful! If you do recreate this look make sure to tag me on social media! (@christineocmua) I'd love to see!

Love,
Christine
x

Comments

Popular Posts