Sleek Highlighting Palettes Review


I have seen a few people I follow (particularly in the US, which is unusual as it is a UK brand) use or talk about these products on social media and YouTube. I'm a big Sleek fan already so I thought I'd pick them up for myself. I bought both palettes: "Solstice" and "Precious Metals". Below I have pictures of the products, arm swatches of each colour, cheekbone swatches of each colour, and full face pics of the recommended use for each shade. Take a peek...


*Note two cheekbone swatches are missing (fml!) - Subsolar from Solstice & Royal Gold from Precious Metals. I literally removed foundation on my cheek, reapplied it, set with powder, and applied highlight for all eight shades. So it's super frustrating that I don't have the files for two of those shades but I hope you don't mind too much!

Solstice




Top Left: Ecliptic   Top Right: Hemisphere   
Bottom Left: Subsolar   Bottom Right: Equinox

Ecliptic, Subsolar, Hemisphere, Equinox

Hemisphere 

Equinox 

Ecliptic 


As Directed: Ecliptic under brow, Hemisphere on cheekbone

As Directed: Subsolar down nose, Equinox on Cupid's bow

Precious Metals




Top Left: Platinum   Top Right: Antique Bronze  
Bottom Left: Royal Gold     Bottom Right: Renaissance Gold

Platinum, Royal Gold, Antique Bronze, Renaissance Gold

Antique Bronze 

 Renaissance Gold

Platinum 

As Directed: Platinum under brow, Antique Bronze on cheekbone 

As Directed: Royal Gold down nose, Renaissance Gold on cupid's bow


Overall I'm pleased with these. I always love a good highlighting product and these are offer a nice range from a subtle glow to a full on beam!
I always love a warmer highlight so I think I prefer the colours in the Precious Metals palette. I also found that Hemisphere and Equinox from Solstice appeared quite similar as a highlight on the cheekbone.
However the Precious Metals has 3 creams and one powder, and the Solstice has three powders and one cream. I'm not a massive cream highlight girl so I do prefer the textures in the Solstice palette.
Ideally I would prefer a mixture of all 4 powders in one palette, and the creams in a separate palette - but that's just me as an oily skinned girl!

These retail for €14.49 each. I bought them in Boots where you can 'Buy One get the Second Half Price' (so €10.87 each).


Have you tried these? If so, what do you think?
And if not, which one do you think you would prefer?

Love
Christine
x

Comments

Popular Posts