Beauty Bakerie: Lip Whip Review


I bought these liquid lipsticks, or 'Lip Whips' after seeing them on Instagram. The post showed the swatches being rubbed under running water, with no budging! So I thought I'd pick up a few colours and try them for myself!


I'll just first mention that since purchasing these, the packaging has been updated to this super cute look: (Sooo wished I had ordered a little later to get this packaging! I just might have to get a few more!)
Versailles Lip Whip Liquid Matte Lipstick - Beauty Bakerie Cosmetics Brand - 1

The Shades


So the colours I bought are: Cranberry Stiletto, She's Just Jelly, and Versailles (pictured in new packaging above)


(I didn't use a lip pencil for these swatches as I wanted to show them true to colour on their own, so I apologise if they're less than perfect!)

Cranberry Stiletto is a gorgeous pink under-toned red. When I first tried this I immediately wanted to do a full Hollywood glam look to go with it (and I still plan to do a tutorial on that!)




She's Just Jelly is such a cool colour. It's a deep dark purple which gives a funky vampy look. I had to layer it a little more to get the colour even (and to perfect my edge a little better!) as it is such a dark colour, which does make it come out even darker.




Versailles is a mauve. I thought it was going to be a more natural pink colour but it actually has a purple undertone, which is a nice change.




The Finish


These are highly pigmented lip colours, that go on as a liquid but set matte - and boy do they set! If you don't like matte finishes or being able to feel a lip product on your lips, these may not be for you. However any kind of bulletproof makeup is right up my street!

So I put it to the same test that I had seen, and yup - these babies are waterproof and smudge proof!



Extras


If you have these or a similar product, you're best bet at removing them is using an oil based waterproof makeup remover. 

These can be purchased from beautybakerie.com, and are $20 each.
(Shipping to Ireland was an additional $16.78)

I will be looking into more of these in the future as they offer some really cool colour. I will also have a look at their other products. The whole confectionary theme of the company is just too cute!


Hope you found this helpful!
If you have any questions please leave them below!

Love
Christine
x

Comments

Popular Posts