#CorkMeetup Pt.1 - Lush

So last week, on Saturday 12th July, I attended my first ever blogger event! :-D
The lovely Sarah (@sarah_hamersley) and Fiona (@Trixiebellexx) organised a beauty blogger meetup - #CorkMeetup. I was super excited when I found out about it, as I had not seen much blogger/vlogger stuff at all going on here in Cork.
I recently did an interview with Chloe (of Chloe's Concept) on social anxiety, where I mentioned that as the day was nearing I was feeling a little anxious. However, I knew that come the end of the day I would be happy I went...and I was so right!
As the day was full of activities and products and goodies, I will be doing separate posts on it, and here is the first! So just read on to find out what we got up to!...


So we met outside Lush (a great start already!) - The picture above is all of us outside of Lush, where they had the hashtags painted on the window - so cool!

We all went in and were greeted by Kaz:


We were divided into groups of 3s and 4s, and went around the various 'stations' they had set up, where we were shown some of their products in the range and had them tested on are hands and arms. We all had amazingly smooth and fragrant arms by the time we came out!

So first up was the Skincare station. They had some lovely cleansers, scrubs and moisturisers here! We had a few tested on the backs of our hands, and they were all lovely and left the skin so smooth. At the end of the day, we got to pick between two of the cleansers to take away in our goodie bag. I chose the '9 to 5' cleanser.


Next was the makeup station - my favourite! The lovely Dee showed us the range. I had never experienced Lush's makeup range before and it was really interesting. They are packaged in little bottles as mostly liquids. They have a light foundation, a cream highlighter, a cream bronzer, a face powder, liquid lip colours, and liquid/cream eye colours. The lip and eye colours are made using the same base so you can mix and match between the colours if you would like! We also got to pick any colour to take away with use! I chose the lip colour 'Power' a firey shimmery golden-red - something I normally wouldn't pick up but I'm excited to wear it!


The next stop was the Bath Bomb making station, which was really cool! Paul showed us how to make them. He demonstrated how when the bath bomb dissolves, little paper hearts come out:
The pink soap-mixture-stuff (technical name!) was already made up.
 We used the casings to pack it all in and add in a few flowers.
 We then took away the bath bomb that we made:


Next was the body/hair station. We got to take a look at some lovely body bars and scrubs. We also saw a lovely foot scrub, 'Stepping Stone', and some cool hair products. They do a natural hair mist, 'Sea Spray', as well as solid shampoo bars, which would be handy for travelling.
We got to choose between two of these products at the end, and I took home a 'Buffy' - an exfoliating body butter bar:


Last but not least, Kaz showed us their new Suncare range. They have lovely natural sun creams and moisturisers. I found their 'Sesame Suntan Lotion' quite interesting as it has an SPF of 10 and the ingredients actually help you tan. It smelled strongly of peanut-butter, so if you like that you would enjoy this. I don't personally, but it might be something I could get past for the sake of helping my tan along!


Before we left, Dee gave a demonstration of how the bubble bars are hand made:
Paul also showed us what they can do. As he said, they give the 'Hollywood' bubbles, which they definitely do! From the image you can see the pink liquid is how much water was used, and he used about half a bar. He poured the water from one jug to another until it was overflowing with gorgeous bubbles!

We were given our goodie bags and picked out the cleanser and body product. We were also given their new catalogue of products.
 
     

To see more of the products available at Lush visit lush.com



All of the staff at Lush were so lovely and welcoming! They were all really happy to be involved and said that they wished we could stay for longer! The time flew by and before we knew it we were heading off to Debenhams....
(Stay tuned for my next post!)

Comments

Popular Posts