Stila Convertible Color "Magnolia" - Review

I've had this in my little "to try" pile for ages as I normally don't enjoy cream cheek products on my oily skin. However I finally pulled it out the other day to see what it's about, and I was pleasantly surprised.

The Product

So this is a Convertible Colour from Stila. It is for both cheeks and lips.



I have it in the shade Magnolia which is described as a "warm browny red" on the website. I feel like this makes it sound like a red with a tint of brown. Personally I would describe it as a "warm reddy brown" instead, as I think it is more of a brown with a red base.


On the Face

Here is my skin with just foundation, before applying it as a blush:


Here is my face after applying it as a blush:


And after applying it to the lips:


My Thoughts

As I said, I tend to avoid cream products for my cheeks as they are usually more emollient, and I don't like anything greasy feeling on my oily and acne prone skin. However, I was pleasantly surprised with how non-greasy this formula is. It blends beautifully but has a nice matte finish - so no glossiness.

This shade on the lips for me is definitely a "my lips but better" colour. It's not too pigmented so it's a real quick and easy kind of shade, but that does mean you need to layer it to get pay-off. It is creamy to the touch, so I could smooth it on with my finger easily. The matte-ish finish is nice but I did find it a bit drying on my lips after a while. This could also be because I had to layer it on or it could be because my lips are on the dehydrated side these days.

Overall I would say this is a lovely cream blush for those with oily skin like me, or who dislike cream blushes for the same reason. As a lip colour it would be handy for the handbag as it is very natural and quick to apply. Although I would say being able to use this on the lips is more of a bonus feature to using it as a cream blush - i.e. I wouldn't pay to have it as a lip colour, but I would to have it as a blush.

This retails for $25 on Stila's website and also comes in 10 other shades

Comments

  1. Very great post, please write some more on this topic. If you want some useful links about this topic, here they are =>
    Hooded Eyes Celebrities
    Hooded Eyes
    Celebrities with Hooded Eyes
    What are Hooded Eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, friends this post is amazing, if you are a beauty and fashion lover then, I'm sure this post going to make you crazy, and you totally all over makeup tips.
    Best Wedding Bridal Makeup Salon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to display here valuable salon-related information with local & international communities. Here salon software helps you look your best in front of your customers such as Appointment Booking, membership, Staff Commission, and Rating, Payment & Billing Management, Clients Management, Account & Finance Reporting, Customer Native Mobile App & Lead Management feature provides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nice Blog!!! Thank you for sharing information. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging!!!

    Best Parlour in Barabanki | Habib Hair & Beauty Salon
    Best Airbrush Makeup in Barabanki | Habib Hair & Beauty Salon

    ReplyDelete
  5. stila brand is pretty good i reab about it Online Books Shopping In Pakistan via their booklet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts