Primark/Penneys €1 Eyeshadows!


I saw these €1 eyeshadow pans in Penneys recently, along with a €2 quad palette - and I had to find out what the quality was like!


The palette



I like the simple black design. It's a standard cardboard quality but for €2? It's real good!

The Eyeshadows










The shades I got were Sun Kissed an orange with gold shimmer, Brazil a green with silver shimmer, Brick a burnt orange matte, Espresso a deep brown matte.
There were few mattes that I could find at the stand, but Brick and Espresso looked like they could be rich.

Swatches



So they're not the best quality, but not the worst either. Sun Kissed was dusty. Brazil and Brick swatched fine. Espresso swatched with poor pigment - the above is actually two passes as I thought I must have been too gentle the first time but it was the shadow.


I used Espresso in my brows which I actually quite liked. With it not being overly pigmented it was easy to build up. πŸ‘πŸ½


A close up of the eye look I created using all four shades. Sun Kisses is on the inner corner, but as you can see the shimmer dusts off quickly. Brick is a nice shade. Espresso takes a fair bit of building up. Brazil is decent but the shimmer also doesn't come off intense and it started to fade throughout the day.

Final thoughts

Ok so these aren't pro quality. Would I use them in my kit? No. Will I use them on myself? Yep. 
If you are just looking for eyeshadows to use for "everyday" makeup, they work. Especially as you can customise your own palette with the exact colours you want, and for just €6 total!
I keep a small makeup bag in my bedroom with basic makeup items for on-the-go makeup (I normally do my makeup in the studio where my makeup collection is stored). These will be going in that makeup bag for shadows, and brows!


Thanks so much for stopping by! 
See you Tuesday for a tutorial inspired by Anitta's red carpet & stage makeup looks from the MTV Millenial Awards. Sneak peek below from my Instagram πŸ˜‰
Christine
x


Comments

Popular Posts