L.O.V. Cosmetics First Impressions Continued...


So on Wednesday I posted my initial First Impressions video & blog post, where I got through as many LOV products as I could in one look. Today we're looking at the four remaining products that I didn't get to touch on. So let's go...

Lip affair: Color & Care Lipstick Metallic '601 Chrome Fusion'

The packaging on this is a gorgeous rose gold tube, which looks very classy and more expensive than its price of €9.99!


To be honest, when I first saw that this was a 'metallic' finish lipstick, I questioned it and wondered if it would be a dated frosty finish.


The colour is a warm rosy brown. It swatched with a nice creamy formula but was sheerer than I expected, which normally I don't like.


However once I applied it, I saw how the sheerness stops it from being too frosty, and stops the brown colour looking too 90s. I love this colour on me and actually reached for it to complete a look pretty soon after trying it.


I would be interested to see the how the other colours in this range look on the lip.

EYEttraction: Magnetic Loose Eyeshadow '540 MagnetEYES'

This looked super interesting to me. I had seen a couple of magnetic eyeshadows online but never tried one myself. I didn't know how or if it was going to affect the application etc.




From what I can gather, the loose eyeshadow is magnetically attracted to a wavy magnet in the pot. So it is interesting to look at and to the touch. (It actually feels fuzzy to the touch, because the pigments are loose and so move, but the mass of it stays in place) Unfortunately, that seems to be where the intrigue ends.


I swatched it on my hand and was surprised by how patchy it was. This also happened when I tried to blend it on my eyes.


Freshly applied to the lid:


Gently blended over:


The box says for wet and dry use, so I tried it again wet and it was much better. Not perfect (as continuous blending would still cause the same sort of patchiness) but it withstood blending much more and held onto it's metallic pigment.
So if you have this or a similar product, I would recommend using it wet to enhance its performance.
However, at €9.99 I would personally prefer to use a pigmented shadow that would stick to my lid and also blend as well.

Applied wet to the lid:


A critique for the brand would be that this "wet and dry" feature should be on the product, and not just on the box. It was only as I started putting this blogpost together, and looked for my photo of the box to get the correct name of the product, that I noticed it said for wet and dry use. I then tried it wet and found that it performed better. The outer packaging of makeup get's thrown out pretty quickly and not everyone is going to have a picture of it.

Lip affair: Color & Care Lip Pencil '521 100% Verena'

This is a handy little lip pencil with a brush on the other end. I am often one for wearing a liner all over the lip so this appealed to me.


This colour, 521, is a wearable, neutral pink. The texture is quite matte, as it should be for a liner or base for a lip colour.


Here is the liner worn all over the lip, on me. My lips are extremely dry at the moment so the formula isn't very flattering on me at the moment, however I enjoy the colour and the idea - especially at just €5.99.


Fatal muse: Liquid Matte Lipstick '760 Provocative Confidence'

I love a liquid lipstick so I was excited to try a this one, which is €8.99.


The formula is quite thick and a little moussey (as opposed to being thin and liquidy).


The colour looked quite red in the tube but applied a more pinky-red. I really liked this colour on me, and found the applicator easy to get a neat edge with. I think the formula not being one that dries down instantly also helps this, as you can go over it and smooth it out.



I hope this was interesting and/or helpful.
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. I truly appreciate it!
See you soon!
Christine
x

Comments

Popular Posts