Penneys: Nudes - Ultimate Lip Collection (Primark)


I picked these up last week while having a "quick" stop at Penneys. There is a whole Nude collection (which is clearly based off of the KKW brand) ranging from lip kits to eyeshadow palettes to nails. This set caught my eye and after trying a couple for a makeup look, I knew I had to do some lip swatches. Enjoy!




So the first thing to note is that the lip colours don't have names or numbers, which means you have to just describe which one you're talking about. There are two "matte lip creams" and two "high shine glosses".

First up is this shimmer gloss. In the tube it looks very rose gold, which it is but on application you can see much more of the gold. This metallic effect definitely gives it that high shine look.



The second gloss is a straight beige colour, which I quite enjoy. I was sort of expecting it to be a disappointing sheer colour but actually has nice pigment to it.



Next is a matte lip cream. This is a pale, very cool toned pink. It's a little too pale for my skin tone and preferences on its own, but would be lovely in the centre of an ombre lip (see below).



Finally is the second matte lip cream. I have a feeling this will be my most used. It's a deep rosy shade which compliments my skin tone quite well.



Here's a look at a combo of the deep matte shade, with the shimmer gloss on top, which I love.



This is a look I posted on my instagram using the deep matte shade with the beige gloss on top (and a brown lipliner).


This is a look using the lighter matte lip cream with a cool brown lipliner to create an ombre effect. The full face tutorial is here.



All in all, I'm very pleasantly surprised with this set and would definitely recommend it. Everyone can utilise a nude shade, and at just €8 you can't go wrong!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See you soon!
Christine
x

Comments

Popular Posts