🚨 New Course Alert 🚨


Did you ever have a mental block about something? Like there was something you really wanted to do but just couldn't? I had a serious block about offering courses - but no more!
As I said in one of my recent posts, I love teaching makeup. I do masterclasses for groups and events. I do personal one-to-one lessons with people looking to upgrade their own skill. I do one-to-one artistry lessons for MUAs/beauticians who are up-skilling. I also used to teach artistry courses at Inglot, which had 3 students per class and was aimed at those learning to do makeup on clients.


So when I left Inglot to focus on my own business and I put in my studio, I wanted to make sure there was plenty of space, with 3 stations so I could continue teaching. I liked keeping the number small so that there is ample one-to-one time and no one gets lost in a class. Yet...I just couldn't bring myself to start them. Was I excited to teach them? Yes. Did I have the space? Yes. Did I have the freedom to tailor them as I wanted? Yes. So why not? I think a small part of me felt like, "who am I to be running my own course" (which is a self esteem issue I am constantly coming up against!)


But the thing is, I have so much to share. Over my career I have completed five makeup courses myself - not including attending many masterclasses and self-teaching along the way. I have trained at Inglot, and became a trainer at Inglot. I have freelanced for eight years and set up my own business. I've won a national award for my bridal work. So who am I to run my own course? I'm a bloody good makeup artist with experience, skills and knowledge that I would love to share with anyone who is also passionate about makeup!✊🏽 I remind myself of this and I get excited all over again!

So finally, after nearly 3 years, I'm starting the first Christine O'Connor MUA Artistry Course. 🎊

I was initially going to do them one night a week for 6 weeks, but the new year ended up being surprisingly busy and I didn't have a chance to get working on this. I'm also getting married and honeymooning during May, and I didn't want to have to wait until later in the summer. So I have decided to do 2 nights a week for 3 weeks - at least for this first run.

You may have seen my last post (A Freebie for Aspiring MUAs) which came out of my planning for my course. Safe to say I will be covering those topics and making sure to give students a wide variety of styles and techniques.

So, if you are interested, here are the details 👇🏽

Content covered:
* Colour theory
* Product & Brush knowledge
* Skin types
* Hygiene practices
* Contouring theory
* Application techniques
* Step by step eye looks including colour, cut creases, smokey eyes and more
* Step by step face makeup including dewy skin, matte skin, creams, powders
* Liner techniques
* Lash application
* Brow techniques
* Contouring techniques
* Lip looks
* Creative makeup
* High Res Portfolio Images
* and more!

  • Places are extremely limited to ensure one-to-one time for each student.
  • I will be offering this first course at a special discount price of €300. A €100 deposit is required for booking.
  • Students will be required to bring a model with good eye space. If necessary I can assist in sourcing paid models (€30/night).
  • Course takes place at Christine O’Connor MUA private studio in Ballincollig.
  • Students must attend all classes to receive their Christine O’Connor Certificate. 

Dates
April 1st, 4th, 8th, 11th, 15th, 18th
6.30-9.30pm

Places will be available to book online on my website from Sunday morning!
motionmailapp.com

If you know anyone that might be interested I would massively appreciate you sharing this with them - and I'm sure they would too!

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Wish me luck!
Christine
❤️

Comments

Popular Posts