Magnetic Eyeliner & Lashes?! | XO Lash Pro Review | ad


You guys! I'm thrilled to be partnering with XO Lash Pro to show you their magnetic lashes and eyeliner! 
I wasn't too sure what to expect so I made sure to put these babies to the test. Check out how it went...

Disclaimer: Before accepting any partnerships/sponsorships I test the products for approval. I only go ahead with sponsored work once I would be happy to recommend the products regardless.

The Products

The products arrived in a gorgeous gift box



What I received:

Lashes in the style "Bae"

Lashes in the style "The XO"

The Magnetic Liquid Liner

A lash curler

A mesh makeup bag

An instructional guide

My initial thoughts

My First Impressions:
Initially I was a little sceptical due to previous experiences with magnetic lashes, but I had an open mind. The instructions were handy and easy to follow. My first time applying felt a little odd but quick and the lashes immediately felt secure. I wore the style "Bae" for a full 7hours and by the end of the night, only one corner was beginning to loosen. I think maybe I hadn't initially placed it 100% correctly as it felt a little off during the day, and even though every time I checked in a mirror it was perfect, I think I was just at it too much. I was definitely impressed that the other eye had zero issues for the whole 7hours.

My Second Impressions:
The application process was even quicker as I knew what to do and what to expect. I wore the style "The XO" for 5 hours with no issues at all. I even got some compliments on them during the day from others who didn't know I was testing them. At the very end of the day before removing them I wanted to see how they would hold up with a little water, e.g. if I was in the rain. I sprayed water onto my face and both lashes remained secure. I sprayed even more just to see how far I could go with it, and again both remained attached, although one side became a little loose, which I would have expected. Overall I was very pleasantly surprised, and they become easier and quicker to do the more you apply them.

My Tips:
  • When cleaning the lashes and removing the liner, the instructions recommend an oil-free remover on a cotton bud. I would recommend making sure its a lint-free cotton bud, or some remover on something more solid, to avoid getting little fuzzies stuck on the band. I would also recommend coming along with a makeup spatula/orange stick/clean finger nail and gently pushing the liner off the magnetic strips, as that's where it is attracted to stick.
  • During my multiple testing processes I tried a couple things just to test what I could and couldn't do. What I learned is that after application you can't really reposition the lashes as you will pull away the liner with the lash magnets, leaving nothing for it to stick to when you try to put it back down (which is also the case for lash glue once it has dried). 
  • I also tried smoking the edge of the liner with some shadow on the outer corner, but I must have come in too far with the shadow, covering some of the magnetic liner, and I found my outer corner didn't want to stick down. So if you're doing this just make sure you don't cover any of the liner, or do this before applying the liner. 
  • If you do have a corner that doesn't have enough liner or you accidentally pulled it away, all you need to do is add some extra liner where you need, let it dry, and stick down that area again. While waiting for it to dry I would recommend just flicking off any of the liner that's stuck to the band/magnets.
  • If you are interested in these products I would recommend checking out their Kits for some savings.

My Overall Review

Here are clips of the two wear tests, a water spray test, and my overall thoughts:



I now have all my XO Lash Pro bits stored in the mesh bag with plenty of room for more.



Below I am wearing the style "Bae"




You can check out XO Lash Pro at xolashpro.com or @xolashpro on Instagram

I hope that this was helpful!
Thank you so much for stopping by!

Peace + Love
✌🏽❤️



Comments

Popular Posts