Glitter Party Eye Look

Heya!! So here I have a tutorial for a glittery ‘party’ look. If you have a night out or special occasion coming up, this is a cool one to do! Below, I show you how to achieve it!...




The Video Tutorial:



The Products I Used:

NYX: Jumbo Eye Pencil in ‘Milk’
-          this base helps the highlighted areas to pop
Urban Decay: ‘Foxy’ eyeshadow (from the Naked Basics palette)
-          this acts as a base colour under the glitter
Urban Decay: ‘Naked2’ eyeshadow (from the Naked Basics palette)
-          this is the transitional colour, which helps the crease colour fade out, up to the highlight
Urban Decay: ‘Faint’ eyeshadow (from the Naked Basics palette)
-          this is my crease colour, which adds depth and shadow to the eye
Too Faced: Shadow Insurance ‘Glitter Glue’
-          this helps the glitter stick onto the lid
LA Splash: ‘Pacific Sand’ glitter
-          this is the lid colour/glitter
Lorac: 3D Liquid Lustre
-          this highlights the inner corner of the eye
Fraulein38: Gel liner in ‘06’ (black)
-          this defines the lashline
Lorac: ‘Sable’ eyeshadow (from the Pro Palette)
-          this is the lower lash-line colour
Lorac: ‘Espresso’ eyeshadow (from the Pro Palette)
-          this adds darkness to my outer lower lashline
Generic Lash Curler
-          this helps lift up and curl the natural lashes
Collection: ‘Does It All’ mascara
-          this holds the curl, adds darkness, definition and length to the natural lashes
Boots: ‘Natural Fan’ false lashes
-          these add volume and winged-length to the outer half of the lashes

On The Rest Of My Face:

Benefit: Porefessional Primer
Kat Von D: Lock It Tattoo foundation in ‘M52’
Bourjois: Healthy Mix concealer in ‘53’
Mac: Studio Fix Powder in ‘NC30’
Seventeen: ‘Damson Wine’ Blush
Warm medium brown lipliner (no brand)
Collection: Cream Puff lip cream in ‘Angel Delight 4’

Tips For Trying This Look:

·         Get your crease colours as you want them before applying the glitter adhesive to the lid. I went back in to touch up my crease and found that the adhesive had gotten onto that area, and made my crease colour patchy as I tried to blend.
·         Apply your face makeup after your eye makeup, or have a tissue to hold under the eye, to catch fallout.
·         Have a tissue to hand to wipe the glitter off your eyeliner brush as you work.
·         Lashes definitely finish off this look. I only used a small pair to add some length at the corners, but I would also totally wear this with bigger lashes.

The Finished Look:







As I said at the beginning of the video, I did this dramatic look as part of a ‘glam’ makeup to help boost my self esteem because my skin is in crap!
I liked how it came out and it did the trick! I did my hair, threw on a cool t-shirt, and felt much more confident leaving the house!
Below is the OOTD (outfit of the day) & FOTD (face of the day) that I posted to Instagram & Twitter:



If you give this look a try, I’d love to see, so please tag me on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook!

If you’re not following me on social media already, you can do so here:
instagram.com/RealmOfMakeup
twitter.com/RealmOfMakeup
facebook.com/RealmOfMakeup

I hope you like the look and enjoyed the tutorial!
Thank you so so much for watching & reading!
Love always,
Kriss
x

Comments

Popular Posts