First Impressions: TRNDbeauty.com Order

I first came across TRNDbeauty through social media, as with everything nowadays! They seemed to have some interesting bits, and I'm all about supporting Irish websites and brands so I checked out the site. I was delighted to see they stocked some American brands that I had been lusting over but didn't want to order from the US (e.g. "Best Damn Beauty"!) So I recently picked up a couple items as my first order. I just received them and tried them out, so I thought I'd share my first impressions on them! Take a peek...




Celfie Ring Light

€27
Ok so after seeing this and similar products featured across social media by various people, namely Nikkie Tutorials, I went ahead and treated myself to a Celfie light! It's basically a mini ring light for your phone! I mean...why wouldn't you want this?! Plus it's an Irish brand!
It's designed so that it simply clips onto the top of your phone, without getting in the way of the camera, and so that the light circles the lens. It has three levels of brightness so you can adjust it to how you want it.
Obviously this is ideal for selfies, but it's also fantastic for taking any pictures or videos with your front cam too!




Best Damn Lip Mask 

€23.50
I absolutely adore Nicole Guerriero! If you aren't subscribed to her YouTube channel, you need to be! She has over 2.5million subs and at the end of 2014 she released her own beauty range, called "Best Damn Beauty". I saw lots of different reviews about the products but didn't want to pay crazy shipping from the US. 
Since the release, a product that I consistently see her use in her makeup tutorials, is her Lip Mask. She always preps her lips with it, and she once said, "If you try one thing from this line, try the lip mask!" So I did!
When I first opened the jar, the product looked super creamy, but when I touched it. it was more set. Not like dried, but just a hardened cream that softens under the warmth of your finger. Which I actually find to be a good thing, because you don't pick up too much product, which would be very easy to do if it was too creamy (and at 23.50, it's not a lip balm I want to be wasting!).
You can apply this as a regular lip balm to moisturise and/or prep the lips for makeup. Or you can also generously apply it at night to give more of a treatment for your lips while you sleep.
So far so good, it seems to be a lovely lip moisturiser, and I'll let you know how I get on after regular use.




LA Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer

€6.80
Another product I heard a lot about from American beauty Youtubers, was the LA Girl Pro Concealer. Lots of makeup gurus raved about the quality of this at such an affordable price, but again it wasn't a product that was easily accessible for me - until now!
Now at the time of ordering, Light Ivory wasn't in stock, which was what I ideally wanted to try, as I wanted one that I could use to highlight. I ended up going with Creamy Beige to see if that would match me. It's a little warm for my skintone to use without foundation so I have to spread it over a larger area, but with foundation it should be perfect! I think I'll pick up the lighter shade when it comes back in stock.
The packaging is a squeezy tube with a brush tip applicator. It has nice coverage, and the consistency is a thicker cream that sets.




LA Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss

€7.50
While looking at the LA Girl products, I spotted that they had their own liquid lipsticks. So I picked up the shade 'Rebel' - a dark burgundy.
I like the packaging on this. It has a doe-foot applicator like most. It also has a tighter part at the top of the tube so that it removes most of the excess product.
I really liked this colour and it dried to a matte finish. However it was a little uneven to work with so it took a few layers. It also didn't completely dry down, so it remained tacky for the evening and transferred a little onto cups when drinking.
So not my favourite of all liquid lipsticks, but a beautiful matte lip colour all the same, great for photos.



*Update* After checking my lip colour at the end of the evening, I found that it didn't wear well at all on me. I did a live update on Snapchat (christinocmua) to show how patchy it had gone - see image below. I had worn it for about 5 hours, drank one cup of tea and had a couple biscuits. So I was surprised to see how uneven it was. I feel like it was because it never totally dried and so transferred to and from my lips. Unfortunate!


So that's my first order from TRNDbeauty! I already have my eye on a couple more products, so I'll keep you posted!
Oh, and by the way shipping for these products was just €3.95 which I was very pleased with!

You can check out all of the products stocked at TRNDbeauty here:
Follow their posts @trndbeauty to see the products at work and being swatched!

Love,
Christine
x

Comments

Popular Posts