Urban Decay Naked Palette - vs - W7 In the Buff: Lightly Toasted

I absolutely love my Naked palette, so when I saw this dupe at a local pharmacy for less than a quarter of the price, I snatched it right up to compare it with the original!
In this post I have side by side swatches of each colour, along with an eye look I created using the equivalent colours of both palettes. Take a look and see what you think!


So, here is the original Naked Palette that we all know and love, just to jog your memory:


And here is the W7 In The Buff: Lightly Toasted palette:


And, side by side:


Here are some side by side swatches of each corresponding colour.

 
Left: w7, Right: UD Virgin

Left: w7, Right: UD Sin 

 Left: w7, Right: UD Naked

 Left: w7, Right: UD Sidecar

 Left: w7, Right: UD Buck

Left: w7, Right: UD Half Baked

Left: w7, Right: UD Smog 

 Left: w7, Right: UD Darkhorse

 Left: w7, Right: UD Toasted

 Left: w7, Right: UD Hustle

 Left: w7, Right: UD Creep

Left: w7, Right: UD Gunmetal

In general, as expected, the W7 colours were less pigmented and a little powdery. The darker colours particularly.
However, there were some colours that I was pleasantly surprised by, like the equivalents of Smog, Sin and Virgin.

I decided to apply a quick eye look using W7 on one eye and Urban Decay on the other.




In terms of application, some of the W7 shadows did need a little more building to get the pigmentation I wanted. Particularly the Half Baked equivalent which I think shows as not as bright in comparison.

Overall though, almost identical looks can be created using the W7 palette, which is less than a quarter of the price of the Urban Decay palette!
The Naked Palette retails for €46 here, whereas I picked up the W7 palette for €9.95!

So, if you're a makeup artist or beauty enthusiast and have a €50 to spare, I'd go with the Naked Palette, because they have better pigmentation and a creamier formula, and therefore make application easier.

BUT if you just need a nice neutrals palette and aren't too fussed with formulas, or if you have been lusting after the Urban Decay palette but don't have the budget, definitely pick this up! Nobody is going  to notice the difference once they're on your eyes!

Comments

Popular Posts