Top 10 YouTubers for Makeup Products

Back in November I did a post on My Top Ten Youtube MUAs. These were my favourite make-up artists on YouTube who I admire as artists, and go to for both their tutorials and product recommendations. I watch so many channels that I couldn’t just leave it at that list. So I am sharing my top ten makeup youtubers and artists who I go to especially for product recommendations and reviews. I also watch tutorials from these channels, but I just love hearing their opinions on products and have great trust in these 10 youtubers. Click ‘Read More’ to find out who made the cut!


ItsJudyTime - youtube.com/itsjudytime  (US)
Judy does absolutely amazing reviews. I especially love her first impressions videos where she gives her initial thoughts on the packaging, talks during her initial application, often takes and shows a photo to check for flashback (important for foundations), does an update during the day, and an update later that night. I think the updates make all the difference to really show you the way a product wears, which is obviously so important for everyday life.

Wayne Goss - youtube.com/gossmakeupartist  (UK)
I have such respect and admiration for Wayne as a makeup artist. He is so unbelievably knowledgeable on makeup products. He often refers to the ingredients and explains what they do or don't do. He loves brushes so often talks about various lines (and now has his own!). I also love that he is never afraid to give is honest opinion - good or bad. His videos are straight to the point without any faffing, to give you the info you need to know.

Saaammage - youtube.com/saaammage  (US)
I adore Sam's reviews, especially for foundations. If you're wondering about a certain foundation, I would say search her videos because she probably has a review! She is pretty good at staying on top of new products and foundations to review, which is great when there is so much hype around certain new products. Personally, I also trust her opinions because I have similar skin to her - medium skintone, oily, acne-prone, and with acne scarring. So it's great to find someone you can trust who might have similar skin or taste to you.

Tanya Burr - youtube.com/pixi2woo  (UK)
I just love Tanya as a makeup artist and as a personality. I am a long-time subbie from back in the day when I found her via Pixiwoo, and am also subscribed to her vlog channel. She has a bubbly personality that shows in her videos. She worked as a freelance artist, has great taste in quality makeup, and really knows her products. She is also pretty good at using and including affordable or 'drugstore' products which is great for those of us on budgets!

JemimaLou - youtube.com/jemimalou  (UK)
I also found Jemima through Pixiwoo way back in the day. She has a lovely calming accent and way of speaking in her videos, which I love because personality really does affect the way you feel about watching someone's videos. She is a working makeup artist so I always trust her opinions. She is a big skincare fan and so often includes many skincare and other beauty products in her reviews/favourites.

Ren Monteloyola - youtube.com/makeupbyrenren  (US)
I love Ren's 'favourites' and 'haul' videos, because they usually have good length to them which means they're packed full of products and info! She is a working makeup artist and quite often includes products that appeal to fellow MUAs, which is just so so helpful. She is my go-to for kit essentials. I use her original brush line and belt (from Sedona Lace) in my kit - I love the fact that I can zip it closed (even when it's totally full!).

Petra Kozina - youtube.com/petjachannel  (Slov)
I love Petra's soft way of speaking and her accent. She is another working artist, and was actually trained by Pixiwoo, which I only found out a long while after being subscribed to her. She also does beautiful tutorials, but I just couldn't fit her into my original list. She has beautiful skin and I love seeing her do her base and what products she uses.

Makeup Geek - youtube.com/makeupgeektv  (US)
Marlena is another youtuber who does some lovely tutorials, but I especially like her reviews. She does some more unique videos like 'Hot New Products' for the month, 'Holiday Palette Smackdown', '5 ways to wear pigments' etc. She now has her own makeup line (which I haven't gotten to try myself yet but the reviews are great) but this does not stop her giving glowing reviews to other products/companies and using other products in her tutorials. So I love that she has remained true to herself as an individual on her channel and not made it purely a marketing tool for her own brand. Marlena also has a warm, genuine personality.

Kandee Johnson - youtube.com/kandeejohnson  (US)
If you don't already know Kandee Johnson, you need to! What an amazing, beautiful woman. She was a working makeup artist and did a lot of film and tv work before starting her YouTube channel, so I trust her opinion on products and tips & tricks that actually work. She has the most amazing happy, positive personality that is so warming. Outside of her beauty videos she does lovely videos on life, diy, cooking, fashion and more.

MakeupByTiffanyD - youtube.com/makeupbytiffanyd  (US)
Tiffany was one of my very early subscriptions, from back when she did a video on the Coastal Scents 88 palettes. So I have followed her for a long time and trust her opinions and views. She has high-quality taste so only recommends something that she truly believes is up to standard. She has often said that she will not do a 'drugstore' favourites
just for the sake of it, but will wait until she has found affordable products that genuinely become favourites and stand up to higher end products.


I hope you enjoyed reading my list of these wonderful youtubers! If you did be sure to follow my blog as I plan on doing more posts like this. You can follow via Blogger or the blog-following-medium of your choice, or you can follow by email (see under my bio at the top of the column on the right!).
I also hope you found some new youtubers to check out, and if you do be sure to let them know that RealmOfMakeup sent you!

Thank you so much for reading girls!
Lots of Love,
Kriss
x

Comments

Popular Posts