Watching RealmOfMakeup

So I just wanted to make this a separate video as I find I repeat myself a lot talking about my blog, social media etc, and there were a couple things I wanted to have said somewhere about watching my videos in general.
So have a look to be more a part of my realm of makeup!....


The Video



Products:

When I do a tutorial I give the names of the products I use, not because those are the exact products that one would need to create the look, but for those viewers who are interested in knowing what exactly a certain product is. I use the products that I use in my videos because they are what I have, you can use what you have. So if you would like to recreate a look, please look have a look in your collection before feeling you need to buy anything.

My Blog:

Well if you’re reading this then you already know I have a blog!
If you are new here then I would like to say 1) welcome, 2) thank you for stopping by here, and 3) please have a look around!
It is a relatively new blog so I am still getting used to blogging. So I don’t have many posts that are purely blogposts (as opposed to a corresponding post to a video), but I have plans to make that a weekly thing (be it a review, beauty tips, general makeup chat, maybe some general life chat?).
For the posts that do go along with a video, I like to include a list of products used/mentioned, extra pictures of the finished look/products, any reference images (for inspiration looks etc), and any extra info!
So I think following the blog it’s a great addition to subscribing to the channel, to get all the additional stuff. If you are more of a blog-follower than a YouTube-subscriber, then it is also a great alternative so that you can get everything in one place!
You can follow by email (see under my bio at the top of the right hand column) or whatever your blog-following medium of choice is!

Inspired looks:

When I do a look that is inspired by someone else’s makeup, I want to try and recreate or create a similar makeup look to what they have. I am not trying to make myself look like a certain celebrity, or think that by the end of the tutorial I do look like the person. The exact same makeup, by the same artist, using the same products would still look different on my face than someone else’s, so I just try to create (as close as I can) what is on their face, rather than recreating their face!

HD

I film my videos in HD, but they may not automatically appear in HD on your YouTube player. So If you click the cog button on the bottom right of the player, you can select the quality, and I would love if you could watch my videos in the best quality available to see everything clearer and better and increase your experience!

Like

If you like a look I did, or found something helpful, or found it interesting, or just simply enjoyed watching, then please give the video a thumbs up. This lets me know that you like the video or that you like that kind of video. And I would love to know what you, the viewer, like so that I can do more of that! This also helps to support my channel by way of showing through ratings that people do enjoy my videos!

Comment

If you have any thoughts, questions or requests please feel free to leave them in the comments. I don’t get an awful lot of comments so I really do read them all and reply to any questions or requests. I have been a youtube-makeup-community-watcher for many years, and I know that sometimes you might ask a question or request a video from a popular Youtuber but it just gets lost in the comments section. So take advantage of the fact that it won’t get lost here!

Social Media

Another way of communicating and interacting with me is on social media. I am on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Beautylish and now Pinterest. This is a great way for me to share with you videos that are coming up, products that I’m loving, and general makeup chit-chat. And it is a great way for you to share with me any images of looks you would like me to recreate, any recommendations of products you have for me etc.

On my social media

I try to keep it all mainly makeup, because I figure that’s what people are following me for. There are certain YouTubers I love and follow and am interested in their general life etc, but there are some that I’m just not. So sometimes I feel like unfollowing or avoiding certain profiles, not because I don’t enjoy what they do anymore, but because I find my feed being filled with stuff I don’t really care about, and that’s not what I followed them for initially. So I try my best to stick to makeup and not bombard anyone with pointless stuff!

On my Twitter

I try (and have been doing pretty good that last couple weeks) to do certain hashtags each day. I have been doing the following: #MediaMonday (where I post a pic of a makeup look I like from the media e.g. a recent celeb photoshoot) #TutorialTuesday (I post a makeup tutorial video) #WishListWednesday (I tell you and link to a makeup product that is on my wishlist) #TipThursday (I give a little makeup tip) #FOTDFriday (I post a Face Of The Day – not a tutorial just a pic(s) and usually a list of products used) #SwatchSaturday (I post a swatch of a certain makeup product) #ShopSunday (I tell you about and link to an online makeup shop that I like to use)

My Links


Recreations etc


If you do recreate a look that I did, bought a product I recommended, or used a tip I gave, I would love to see! So please tag me in any relevant pictures and posts. It would genuinely mean a lot to me to see that a viewer somewhere is taking something away from the videos that I make as a hobby and passion from my little home, for anyone out there who is interested!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts