L'Oreal Touche Magique V YSL Touche Eclat


This week seems to be a L'Oreal week! Today I tried out the Touche Magique pen along side the YSL Touche Eclat pen. If you're curious as to how similar they are, like I was, take a look...
So these types of pens are generally for brightening with some coverage, rather than specifically concealing. So with that in mind I decided to pop a correcting concealer on my dark circles first, and finish off with these two pens, one on either side.

So here are my under eyes with nothing on.



From these pictures I discovered that my darkness is worse on one side! The side on the right is darker to begin with so you can keep that in mind.

I then applied Make Up Forever's concealer 15 just in the areas of darkness.



I had the shade Natural Beige in the L'Oreal Touche Magique, and no.2 in the YSL Touche Eclat.





The L'oreal was a little darker.


I applied them over my dark areas and pulled them down towards the cheek, as well as up to the cheekbone - as I would with a lighter concealer.

I found that L'Oreal was thicker and had more coverage which I always like. I think when the YSL first came out a lot of people were confused with what it was for and were expecting something more like this. However it's not a full coverage under eye concealer, which I would normally reach for.

The YSL had less coverage and was a thinner consistency, but I do think that makes it easier to layer - and therefore it's clearer about what it does.

The L'Oreal is on the left (my right) and the YSL is on the right (my left).




To be honest, once they were blended in they both looked pretty similar. Coverage is hard to from the picture judge as one under-eye was worse than the other to start.


For me the L'Oreal didn't have enough coverage to be used as a concealer for a full glam look, but it also wasn't thin enough and bright enough that I would reach for it to layer with. However that being said, I will be throwing this in my makeup bag for a when I want a quick touch of under eye concealer on the go or for a natural makeup day. So I would recommend this if that's the kind of makeup you tend to do.

The YSL would be for those who want something that they can layer over there regular concealer for some extra brightness. It's definitely and "extra" product, a "boujee" product, but it's a nice option to have. I didn't apply the brush to my skin,  I worked from a palette so I think I'll pop that in my kit as it's easy to work with being so lightweight. So I would recommend this if you feel you want to add some extra light on top of your regular concealer, or for professional artists.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope to see you on Tuesday for a little show & tell of a new palette 😊
Christine
x

Comments

Popular Posts