My Holy Grails! - Face & Base


So I love trying new products and playing with different kinds of products, but I wanted to take the time to share my ride-or-die products that I continue to go back to. I love these kinds of posts so I hope you enjoy!...

Primer

Kiko - Matte Face Base


I really like this primer for my oily skin and it's only €9.95. I've been using it for a year now since first buying it in a Kiko Haul, and I also did a stand alone review on this.

Foundation

Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover


I reach for this time and again, and if I had a better colour match I'm sure I would do even more. The reason I love this is that its fantastically full coverage. If you're new here, I love a good coverage in my foundation. It also goes on with a creamier consistency, even though its sets down matte, so that it blends nicely. I also did a review on this.

Urban Decay - All Nighter


This is another one that I love for coverage. It's totally full so I don't have to worry about layering or adding more over blemishes. Again it's matte for my oily skin. I do find that this one can break down a little when I get very oily at the end of the day but I still reach for this all the time.

* "The perfect foundation" is something that I'm always in search of. Even with this one, I always find that there are elements that could be better for my skin type and concerns. So hit me up with your recommendations!

Concealer

Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind

This a fantastic concealer that you can find at the pharmacy. Excellent coverage and matte finish. I take the sponge off mind just because I don't like the idea of it hygiene-wise. I love this concealer but if this formula came in a doe-foot applicator I would probably reach for it even more.

Tarte - Shape Tape


A cult favourite! This is another full coverage, matte finish product (can you see a theme here? lol). Some people find this too drying so keep that in mind if you have dry skin.

Setting Powders

Rimmel - Stay Matte transparent pressed powder


If you're subscribed to my YouTube channel you may have seen this one coming! (And you can tell from how much pan is showing that this gets loved!) I love that this doesn't take away the coverage of my foundation, which is a problem I can have on my skin. It also doesn't make my foundation oxidise or alter the colour in any way. It mattifies my oily skin. And of course it is only €5.99!

Mac - Studio Fix powder


So this is one that I reach for for very different reasons. If I need to adjust the colour of my base I'll reach for this. If I need to add more coverage to my base I'll use this. If I need to add coverage back into my base because a product wore it down, I'll add some of this. Basically it's a coloured powder that packs a punch!

Bronzer/Contour

Nyx - Highlight & Contour palette



I reach for this one when I don't want to have to think about what contour/bronzer to use. Generally the two shades I will use are Tan (bottom left) as a warmer shade and Hollow (bottom right) to sculpt. It's also super handy that it carries a variety of shades - for contour and highlight.

Too Faced - Chocolate Soleil bronzer



I find this is a great go-to for me as it has a neutral-golden undertone, it's completely matte, it blends easily for me, AND its smells like sweet chocolate!

Blush

Kiko - Soft Touch Blush 105



I've been loving this blush since I got it 2 years ago, and I actually don't think it's available anymore, but I wanted to show you the shade. It's a mauve-toned but very neutral blush. I love a subtle blush so if you know a dupe for this, let me know!

Sleek - Suede Blush



Ok I don't even know how long I've been loving this shade, its been foreverrr. Again, it's a matte, and very natural, but a warm peach undertone rather than the cool undertone of the Kiko blush.

Highlight

The Balm - Mary Lou Manizer



I love the texture of this highlight. It gives a gorgeous smooth, wet look finish. It's also a beautiful light champagne tone.

Ofra - Rodeo Drive


I gravitate towards golden under-toned highlights that are high shine, so this is right up my alley. I first bought this after seeing @makeupbynicolejane_'s gorgeous glowing client makeovers using this.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hit me up if you have any recommendations for me (@christineocmua across social media)
Come back on Tuesday for a colourful eyeshadow tutorial featuring the Life's A Drag palette
Next I will be sharing my Eyes, Brows & Lips holy grails 😊
See you soon!
Christine
x

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing information. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging!!

    Makeup artist in ashiyana Lucknow

    Bridal makeup in alambagh Lucknow

    Makeup artist in krishna nagar Lucknow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts