Winged liner for hooded crease & How to smoke it out! | Janbeautary Day 17

Back in the day, I used to get frustrated with my eyeshape and winged liner. I knew I could sometimes fit in a really thin wing, or that I could have it looking good when I look down, but I couldn't get it how I envisioned when looking straight ahead. It was also one tutorial that I couldn't ever find on YouTube. (Bare in mind, I'm talking like 2009 - Im an old school YouTuber beauty viewer!)
So once I figured out my technique, and once I eventually made my YouTube channel in 2012, I knew it was a video I had to film. In May 2013 I did just that, and it proved to be my most successful video by far. To this day I still receive comments from viewers thanking me for helping them out, and it makes me so so happy!
Now, four years on, I have gotten better at talking to camera and use different products, so I wanted to update that video. I explain and show the same technique - hopefully a little better, and I also include a second technique for smoking it into eyeshadow - so that it also looks good when looking down.
If you have a similar eye shape or found similar difficulties, I really genuinely hope this helps you out! If it does, I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment here on my blog, on YouTube or Tweet me @christineocmua!
Below I have the video tutorial, step-by-step written steps, step-by-step pictures, and the original video. I hope you enjoy...

The New Video



Products Mentioned


Inglot: AMC Eyeliner Gel 77 (used in video)
Maybelline: Eye Studio Lasting Drama black gel liner
Inglot: 23T brush (used in video)
Louise Young: 24A brush (thinner brush)
Crown: C250-0 brush (thinner & shorter brush)
Inglot: 31T (angled brush)

The Techniques broken down


Winged liner

1. Line your lashline as normal
2. From the corner of your eye, create the bottom edge of your wing
3. With your eyes relaxed, look straight into your mirror. Trace the top edge of your wing back in to meet your lined lashline, going straight over the crease fold.
4. Raise your brow and connect the blank space to create a bat-wing shape
5. Colour in that shape
6. Adjust or correct as needed, always keeping your eye relaxed while looking straight in the mirror.

Smoking it out

1. Take a black shadow on an angled brush. Place it at the inner edge of your bat-wing and blend inwards.
2. Connect it to the lashline
3. Pull it into the crease line
4. Blend
5. Repeat as necessary

Step by Step Pictures













The Old Video (if you're curious!)





Thanks so much for stopping by!
See you tomorrow for more #Janbeautary!

Christine
x

Comments

Popular Posts